Warning: This is going to be random, disjointed, and very tangental. I have a ton of stuff on my mind and need to empty it out some.
* I really like that A.Sleaze/Beyowulf “Put It It a Love Song” jawn. The beat gets me to stompin’ & actin’ a fool when it comes on. The title of this blog is a line from the song that bothers me though. What the heck else is he gon’ text you on Licia?! You still got a two-way hangin’ round that we don’t know about? Yeah, um…sorry for that random rant. Back to the song…and my immense amounts of love for it. I can’t wait for the video. It looks interesting from the pics I’ve seen.
* Speaking of Alicia Keys, um…when did she decide to stop singing? On The Element of
Boredom Freedom, she whispers, whines, and wails her way through tracks. No ma’am. I would like an order of The Diary of Alicia Keys-A.Keys ASAP. Hell I’d even take overrated Songs in A Minor-A.Keys over this current incarnation. Guess you lose your voice when you’re screwing muppets.
* I think I may be letting myself get talked into going to a singles mixer on Saturday. In Schaumburg of all places. Where’s that spoon fo ryou to gag me with?! For those who aren’t familiar with the Chicagoland area, I’ll just say Schaumburg is THE LAST place I’d ever go “wookin’ pa nub”. The people who inhabit that area are just not my cuppa scotch. Mmmm scotch… What was I saying? Ah yes…that mixer. Part of me thinks it’ll be a funny experience and may even lead to blog fodder. A bigger part of me is saying, “Dude…SCHAUM.BURG. NO WAY!” We’ll see.
* I have had “Jam” by Michael Jackson stuck in my head this morning. Lasterday I downloaded the audio from “This Is It” and listened to it all day at work. Then in the evening, I had a hilarious phone call w/ my friend The Nurse that lead to me singing the song at least 25 times at random intervals. Does anyone know what he’s actually saying in that song? I promise, between him & Janet, there should be a class in Jacksonese. I’d get a PhD in Jacksonese if it were offered.
* Speaking of PhDs (seamless segues FTW), I think I want to go back to school again…for real this time. Being honest with myself (and y’all), I only attended classes @ Keller because they were free. I had no interest in Public Administration or Human Resource Management. I want to study in one of three areas: education (so I can FINALLY teach), social work (so I can FINALLY help someone with my work), or linguistics (because I’m SUCH a word nerd). I live in one of the best cities for education, in my opinion, so it’s just a matter of me doing some research to see which of them best suits my needs. I have to think about things like cost, location, class hours, etc. It’s gonna suck because with my current schedule it’ll probably take me nearly as long to obtain my Master’s as it did my Bachelor’s. Come 2011, I’m have my behind in somebody’s school making my way to earning another degree. 🙂
*Speaking of money…again with the smooth segues, I think I’m going to be moving back home for a while after my lease is up. Well, I shouldn’t say back home as my childhood is LONG gone, but I’ll probably move in with my mom for a few months. I need to get my finances in order and the peanuts I am currently making are not stretching as far as I need them to. I got a slight increase when I started my new job, but thanks to their insurance premiums being WAY higher than my old one’s + the added expense of riding the train daily, that increase is nearly non-existant. :-/ I was talking to my mom about this and she offered her place up. Now, being completely honest with myself (and y’all), I dunno how well this will work out. My mom and I’s relationship has a weird dynamic at most times. So I’m also looking into alternate plans for this time period. I just need a lil bit o’ time to get some things in order w/o having to pay (as much) rent.
Aight, lemme get back to what they pay me to do here…